Bright Buttons After School Club
Dear Parents /Carers
During these unprecedented Covid times, the rules have changed and are a very different normal.
To ensure continuity, all the Bright Buttons staff also work in the school and we are usually a strong team of five. However, we have a member of staff who is on long term sick leave and although no positive cases, in the last term we have had staff isolating. On several occasions, Bright Buttons have had two members of the team isolating at once (for two weeks) leaving us with only two staff covering all the shifts.
As a result of this, it is with a heavy heart it has been decided that from 6/12/20 we will be suspending service. We hope to review this in the New Year and will take everything into consideration including the continuity of staff. We have been one of the only schools running a breakfast and after-school club this term, as we are committed to our parents, children and school community.
We fully intend to open again, if you have paid till the end of the term, we are happy to refund or roll it over to the next time we open.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support - we understand the great inconvenience for you and as you are aware, it is a completely unique situation for us all.
Louise Mc Laughlin
Bright Buttons Manager
PLAN FOR RETURN ON 21/09/20.
We are planning on returning to an almost full service from Monday 21st September.
Due to these unusual times and for the wellbeing and safety of both the children and staff we are implementing changes from our normal Bright Buttons service.
● Bright Buttons will be held in the school hall and accessed through the main entrance.
● To maintain 'class bubbles' and social distancing, each family will be allocated a table in the hall.
● As per Welsh Government guidance, We will be spending more time outside in the nursery and in the year one garden area (weather permitting ) with planned activities and games.
● Each child will be provided with their own pack containing art material, games musical instruments, felts, crayons and paint etc
● Hand washing will take place at regular and planned times
● If your child presents any signs of illness you will be contacted and expected to pick up straight away.
● THERE WILL BE NO BREAKFAST PROVIDED AT THIS TIME -so morning payments will be £4.00per session
● AFTER SCHOOL CLUB WILL PROVIDE A PRE PACKED SNACK AND ASK CHILDREN TO BRING THEIR WATER BOTTLES- we cannot at this time offer hot snacks and/or extended varieties
● Breakfast club will begin at the normal time of 7.50 am and run till the children are able to join their classes- this is because school has a staggered start. This is only possible with the support of the school.
● After school club will start when the children begin to finish their school day and run to 5.45pm - this is again for the staggered end of the school day and so a thorough cleaning can take place ready for the next day.
● We ask all Breakfast club children are on site by 8.30 am– again this is again due to the staggered start of the school day
● BREAKFAST CLUB -On entering the school grounds we ask you and your child/ren to walk up the path and once your child/ren has been dropped of at the main entrance for you to leave down the drive.
● AFTER SCHOOL CLUB – on entering school grounds we ask you to walk up the drive pick up you child/ren and leave down the main path.
● We also ask politely that parents observe social distancing and leave the school grounds promptly.
These are provisional plans and maybe amended when guidance changes. We have worked along side St Bernadette's so we are able to provide consistency for the children with in our club. Hopefully, we will be able to resume our normal service as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Louise Mc Laughlin
Bright Buttons Club Manager